School and the Four Star Express program being the first day of school, currently we will be starting on September 14th. The district will remain in a hybrid model at this time at the location you registered at. (Four Star will be 5 days a week in the hybrid model)
There are no changes you need to make in your Eleyo account at this time due to this change. The program will begin on September 14th at your registered location, and currently please keep in mind you must drop off and pick up you Four Star student.
We will continue to monitor any additional changes the school takes and adjust as needed to be able to continue to offer the program 5 days a week in person. For example, if we move into a distance learning model you may be asked to drop off and pick up at different site due to moving into a hub model approach.
As of 8/19/20 our plan is to offer Four Star Express 5 days a week to those families currently enrolled and accepted into the childcare program. Since Four Star Express is run through our Community Education program we would provide this care no matter what model we are in but may need to move to a hub based model if the district moves to Distance Learning to combine the programs into one space to best meet the needs of our families. This program will still require a weekly tuition, and be staffed at no more than a 1:9 ratio. Please see our Four Star Express FAQ for more details.
Registration for 2020-2021 Four Star Express opened at 9:00 am on Tuesday, 1/14/2020.
Welcome to Four Star Express!
Four Star Express is a unique childcare and school readiness program that jumpstarts your child's skills for Kindergarten. The purpose is to provide a cooperative and developmentally appropriate childcare experience that supports the early learning needs of four-year-old children in a school setting.
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020 through Friday, June 11, 2021
- Monday - Friday, 6:30am - 6:00pm
- Open on most non-school days
Four Star Express offers:
- School Collaboration and Interaction
- Social Skill Building
- Math and Literacy Practice
- Daily Breakfast and Snack
- Large and Fine Motor Development
- Field Trips
- Social Emotional Learning
Four Star Express sites:
|Basswood||Rush Creek (Bee Room)|
|Cedar Island||Rush Creek (Owl Room)|
|Oak View||Woodland (two class sections)|
- Four Star Express welcomes all children who are eligible for Kindergarten beginning the 2021-2022 school year. Your child must be 4 years of age by September 1, 2020 to be eligible.
- Registration opens at 9 am on 1/14/20 and is limited to 20 students per class section
- Openings are filled on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Registration will close on 8/19/20. Any student registering after that time will not be able to start until 9/14/20 and is subject to space availability and completed registration.
- A $268.92 non-refundable deposit for the last week of the program is due at the time of registration and processed when the contract is accepted.
- Registering your student in Four Star Express locations including Weaver Lake does not guarantee the student will be automatically enrolled in the attending school for the following year. Please see the Enrollment Center for details.
- The registration process is complete when we receive your child’s birth certificate and immunization record. We must receive your child’s records no later than one week after registration has been accepted.
- We will have a district staff person review your child’s immunization record to ensure it is complete.
Send all records and communications to CECares@District279.org.
- There are a total of 40 Weekly Tuition Payments of $268.92 per week (2020-2021 School Year).
- Weekly payments are due the 1st day of each week.
- All accounts are required to be set up using an auto pay with a bank account or credit card payment method.
- Child care assistance is available for families who qualify but will not cover tuition 100%. Contact your county of residence and our business office before registering. Hennepin County can be reached at (612-348-5937).
- Limited scholarships are available. Email CECares@District279.org for an application.
**Please be aware of all cancellation and billing policies available on your registration Terms and Conditions and in our Family Handbook**